Steel Kit Inclusions
Plans and Paperwork
- Set of construction plans & specifications.
- Elevated floor system details, construction drawings & methods, if applicable.
- Owner-builder construction manual
- Steel floor system supplied in its entirety including posts, joists, & bearers â€“ if applicable
- Steel wall frames, with full assembly details incorporating a simple coding system enabling easy construction
- High tensile â€˜hold downâ€™ bolts for Fixing after erection of wall framing
- Steel roof trusses & associated roof members, ready to assemble & attach to external walls
- All fixings & detailed set-out plans
- Topspan 40mm steel roof battens & topspan 22mm steel ceiling battens
- Colorbond roof sheets, gable flashings, ridge capping, valleys, barge capping & all fixings
- ColorbondÂ fascia & gutters with all brackets, clips & fixings
- PVC 90mm downpipes, including all bends, brackets, adhesive & fixings
- Aluminium sliding windows & sliding doors including standard fly screens to Australian Standards and as per plan specifications. (other windows available upon request)
- Hardiplank, Blue Board or Hardiflex cladding included for exterior of buildingÂ (other claddings available at an extra charge including linea & colorbond etc)
- All fixings & flashings for external cladding
- Hardiflex sheeting to eaves & verandas, including all fixings & PVC jointers
- Air-cell insulbreak 65 R2.7 to main roof area unless otherwise specified.
- Air-cell permishield breathable insulation to all exterior walls & gable ends if applicable
- 22mm Termite treated Structafloor flooring.
- 6mm Villaboard internal linings to all wet area flooring where applicable.
- Entrance door- Humes XV series with timber frame and weather seal
- Rear door â€“ Humes duracoat tempered hardboard door with timber frame and weather seal.
- Robes â€“ Corinthian Quickslide robes as per plan specification.
- Internal doors- Humes redicote hollow core doors, including door jams.
- Front External Door Lock â€“ Gainsborough Trilock â€œContemporaryâ€
- Door Handles Gainsborough Selected Levers
- Panel lift Garage door supplied with motor & remote â€“ if applicable.
- Skirting â€“68mm x 12mm dressed pine.
- Robe & Linen cupboard support â€“ 42 x 19mm dressed pine.
- Robe & Linen cupboard shelving â€“ 16mm white melamine.
- Chrome hanging rail & supports in all robes
- 10mm Gyprock internal linings to ceiling and walls including fixings & adhesive.
- 90mm Gyprock cornice & adhesive.
Items not Included
- Transport & delivery charges.
- Site works â€“ site clearing or cutting & disposal of rubbish.
- Council fees & lodgement of plans.
- Electrical, plumbing, drainage, tiling, tiles or painting.
- Any on site construction and labour.
Try our unique estimation tool...
Yes. All standard plans can be modified to suit your needs. You can change the number of rooms, increase or decrease the size of the house or if you prefer, you can bring your own plans for costing. more »
A full inclusions list can be found here. In general however, the kit includes all materials required for lockup but does not include on-site labour, transport and delivery charges, site survey, site clearing, PC items, concrete for footings, Electrical and plumbing etc. more »
Delivery areas include all Australian states and territories. Arrangements can also be made for international deliveries excluding some countries. more »
As an owner builder/manager you are effectively cutting out the builder and therefore should make a saving of 20% to 30%. If you choose to be more hands on and undertake some of the manual tasks such as erecting the walls and roof trusses, installing windows, doors and painting the internal and externals etc, your savings will be increased further. more »
The process to obtain an owner builders permit is usually very straight forward. There are a few requirements and depending on which state you are building in, may also require you to undergo a short course (usually a weekend course), either online or at a training school. In most states a small application fee is payable. Click here for more owner builder information. more »
Yes. Cyclonic kits can be purchased at an additional cost. These kits are manufactured with extra reinforcements that will make then suitable for areas prone to cyclones. All standard kits can be upgraded to cyclonic kits. All standard kits can be manufactured to meet with the cyclonic rating required for your area. more »
This is determined by the size of the home. Generally we can have the kit on site within three to five weeks from time of ordering. more »
The entire kit can be delivered to your site in a shipping container, or part container and part by truck. Delivery can also be made in stages upon request. It is up to you what is more suited to your build plan. more »
This depends upon the amount of labour and skill level. As a guide, a non-skilled owner builder can erect frames and roof trusses for an average size home in two to three days then the remainder of the build is similar to that of normal build times. A smaller kit can be built to lock up within a month. Larger, more complex homes will take longer. You should allow ten to twelve weeks on site for an average home. more »